Thanks to everyone who has donated to BECAA. Click here for BECAA program [Brochure]. BECAA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization; as such your donation is tax-deductible.
BECAA IMPACT – with your support here are some of the impacts we have made and will continue to make in the lives of students at BMCHS:
- Quarterly Stipend (Adopt a Teacher/Adopt a Child): Since 2004, BECAA has consistently made quarterly contribution of $1,000.00 to Bong Mine Central High School (BMCHS) in Liberia. This stipend is given to community volunteers and support staff who are willing to assist the few paid teachers. Without this support, the student to teacher ratio would be 66:1. Instead, the ratio is 29:1. To date, BECAA has donated over $30,000. Imagine this amount is 40% of the school’s revenue. Click here to read more about the program.
- Free Registration and Fees: Education is free and compulsory up to 9th grade level in Liberia. Students general drop out after 9th grade due to their parents’ inability to pay the registration and fees for 10-12th grades. In 2015 BECAA began a program for pay, and a paid in full registration and fees for all high school students (grades 9-12). A commitment that will continue each year.
- National Exam Fees Are Covered: Paid in full the 2016 West African Examination Council (WAEC) fees for all 12th graders. A commitment that will continue. WAEC is similar to the High School Exit exams in most U.S. states.
- Teachers Training: Sponsored a two-day Teachers Training Workshop
- Ebola Awareness: Conducted an Ebola Awareness Drive in 2014 to show students and parent good personal hygiene and awareness to help prevent the spread of Ebola in their communities.
- Library Improvement Project. Completed Phase I which included remolding the space and painting, secured desks, tables, bench-chairs, and book shelfs. Phase II will focus on the functionality of the center and services (Reading/English tutorial and literacy programs).
- School Supplies: Donated text books, reference books, laptop, printer and school supplies (pencils, paper, copybooks, backpacks), P/A system), sports jerseys, soccer shorts, soccer balls and ball pumps)
Donation By Mail
Send all your donation by mail to the address below.
Bong Education Center Alumni Association (BECAA)
P.O. Box 15104, Alexandria, VA 22309
We have partnered with the reputable online payment processing company which allows us to receive donations online with the use of a credit card.
Please Donate To BECAA’s Ebola Prevention And Awareness Initiative
Use this option to make payment to BECAA’s Ebola Prevention And Awareness Initiative..
Use this option to make one time payments to BECAA.
Use this option to make recurring payments to BECAA.
Generation Donation Guidelines
You can use the guidelines below or you my generously make a donation of any any amount.
- For $10.00 month, you can sponsor a student through high school.
- For $20.00 a month, you can adopt a teacher in our effort to supplement their salaries.
- For $30.00 a month, you can adopt a teacher and a student at the same time and have a double impact on our program.
- You may choose to make a generous donation of any amount towards the purchase of school supplies such as crayons, pencils, pens, notebooks, chalks, etc.
- You may contribute to the costs of shipping supplies to Bong Mines, Liberia.
So what are you waiting for? Just click on the “Make a Donation” button below to make a one time lump sum payment or you may select the “recurring donations” button if you desire to make easy monthly payments.